Monday, October 24, 2016

One Door Closes but Another Opens

It's almost been 2 months since I moved out from the little townhouse I grew up in, and became the person I am today. Moving to this small town made me feel so many different things. Anxiety, regret, sadness... Entering a new and big high school with out knowing anyone really sucks. People didn't even know I was new, which says a lot about this school. You might say, well at least you fit in, since no one noticed you were different? Actually I just feel like a shadow that no body notices. I feel like those cliché movies you'd see on TV about a girl moving from a big city to a small town and not knowing anyone, and hating everything.
The little townhouse I grew up in.
Seeing pictures and videos of my friends back at my old school on social media feels like a knife piercing through my heart, because it feels as if I'm missing out on everything. If feels like I've been cut out of everyones lives as easy as taking a photograph of me and all my friends in it, taking sizers and cutting me out. I can't help but feel jealous because I should be there... with everyone... finishing my high school experience with my friends. It feels like a breakup I'll probably never get over. Even though I keep in contact with my friends, and see some of them every week, it's not the same as being there all the time and knowing what's up. At the same time, I wanted this. Because the opportunity came up, I agreed with moving houses and schools. I agreed to help myself, my grades. 2 months into school I've honestly been doing so much better than I ever had in my educational career, but I can't help but feel depressed every time I see how much fun my friends are having without me. I've met pretty amazing people at my new school, but it's only been 2 months, it's different from 2-12 years of friendships. Hopefully my new friends stay friends for a long time too. But I still am grieving over this invisible "breakup" that only I see.

Hopefully everything turns out great in the end... ):

No comments:

Post a Comment